Hello, I am Dr. Nejay Ananaba (affectionately called “Dr. Nejay” by my patients), a board-certified pediatric dentist and a proud resident of Prosper.
My passion for dentistry goes back to my childhood. When I was six years old, I fell and fractured my front tooth while learning how to roller skate. I was really scared about going to the dentist because I did not know what to expect. This was also my first time at the dentist. My dentist took great care of me during this visit and fixed my front tooth. He explained everything that was going to be happening to me during the appointment. According to my parents, immediately after that appointment, I told them that I wanted to become a dentist! I have not reconsidered that decision since.
I have a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry from Xavier University of Louisiana, a Doctorate in Dental Surgery from the University of Michigan School of Dentistry, and a Master of Science and Certificate in Pediatric Dentistry from the University of Michigan School of Dentistry.
Prior to becoming a pediatric dentist, I practiced as a general dentist for four years. During that time, I also taught 2nd, 3rd, and 4th year dental students at my alma mater, the University of Michigan School of Dentistry, as a clinical lecturer.
Since becoming a pediatric dentist, I have worked in New Orleans and in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex.
Creative Smiles Pediatric Dentistry came into being because I wanted to provide customized one-on-one personalized care to my patients. I want my patients and their parents to always feel like they have my full attention.
At Creative Smiles Pediatric Dentistry, we bring the best in patient-centric dentistry, technology, and customer service together. Our patients are at the center of everything we do. Patient care comes first. We serve our patients and their families with the highest degree of integrity, respect, and compassion.
I combine the best elements from my artistic side with dentistry to ensure my patients have the best dental visit possible.
I am here to serve our community. We look forward to providing your children with the best oral healthcare services possible. Stop by our new state of the art office, and I will give you a tour.
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- American Board of Pediatric Dentistry (ABPD)
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (AAPD)
- College of Diplomates of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry (COD)
- Texas Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (TAPD)
- Prosper Chamber of Commerce
Fun & Random Facts
- Love, love, love painting and drawing with a passion. I selected the name of the practice because of my love for both art and dentistry — hence the name “Creative Smiles Pediatric Dentistry.” Most of the art pieces displayed throughout the practice were painted by me.
- I was a DJ and radio announcer at a local radio station in middle and high school. Really enjoyed it! My “On Air/DJ” name was “DJ Nejay.”
- When the weather is just right, my husband and I enjoy riding our bikes in local parks and being outdoors.